Monday, April 22, 2013

Tie/Dye


" I am African, not because i was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me" - Kwame Nkrumah
My husband's friend brought me this African attire few months ago. It was actually made for me as a long and baggy dress.  I like fitted outfits that brings out my shape. I decided to change it into a peplum top and a pencil skirt, with the help of my Friend " Funkyshore". I really love the "Tie/Dye" print material when i saw it, because it reminded me of home " Nigeria". I wore this outfit to my friend's new baby naming ceremony on saturday. I did not want to wear any english outfit, so i taught the african attire made in an english outfit would be nice.I love been African and i am proud of it. I have been collecting Ankara made purses and outfits lately. I cannot wait to rock them all for the summer parties. 

I have been really shy to let out my natural hair, but i decided to see how it will turn out.  I guess not bad with the compliments from people in general. Few months back, a friend of mine dyed my hair to auburn, but the color was not strong enough. These yellow/black earrings were given to my by my husband made by his coworker. 
My Zara combination high heeled sandals in gold/black. I love them because they are so comfortable. I also have them in red/gold. My new love and addiction for Zara shoes. 


I love the way Funke aligned the drum art work on the material in front.
A closer front view of the print Tie/Dye outfit. 
A closer look of the peplum print top.
Thanks for viewing my blog. have a wonderful day.
xoxo
kike 

No comments:

Post a Comment